Monday, February 25, 2008

End of Week Studio Journeys

It dawns on me that I never got around to saying anything about my trips to DreamWorks and Disney Animation Studios, so here it is:

* People are still catching up with the fact that the 401(k) Plan now has monthly enrollments instead of quarterly ...

* The DW crew is putting the final touches on Kung Fu Panda (like it was pretty much done on Friday, "pretty much" being the operative words) ...

* At Disney, Bolt production continues to accelerate.

Remarkably enough, most people at both studios were fairly chatty. (They tolerate me! They really tolerate me!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve, thank you very much!

I have just a little question: is it true that at Disney John Pomeroy is working on "The Princess and the Frog" and he's supervising animator of Prince Naveen? It's a rumor I read on a German website but I never read it on other website...
Animation on Rapunzel has been started or not?

Anonymous said...

Nope.

Steve Hulett said...

Anon., I think, is right.

Way back, I heard that John P. had talked to Ron Clements and John Musker about possibly coming aboard, but to my knowledge, he's not part of the crew.

Don't know what Mr. Pomeroy's been doing in animation since he completed his gig on The Simpsons Movie.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Steve and Anonymous for the answers!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know which animator is handling which character?

Like is Andreas Deja's doing one?

Mark Henn?

Who is handling the princess? The villain? Ect, ect.

Anonymous said...

Pomeroy, unfortuantely for us, moved to Tennesse... there is a fairly accurate list on IMDB for who's leading what characters. There have been some casting changes recently due to certain animators not coming on board the film. So hopefully someone at IMDB will update the latest and greatest soon...

Site Meter